If the price of an identical Southwest Vacations® package is lower than the price you paid, we will issue the difference to your travel party in the form of a travel credit code good for future travel.
What does the lowest price promise apply to?
The lowest price promise applies to an identical qualifying Southwest Vacations package, and excludes any promotional codes or special discounts.
What is a qualifying package?
A qualifying Southwest Vacations package is one for which all package types, passengers, travel dates, flight fare types (Vacation Exclusive/Wanna Get Away, Anytime, and Business Select), flight numbers, hotel (including room category, name and special room requirements), rental car company and vehicle class, and all activities included on the package exactly match your currently reserved Southwest Vacations package.
How do I claim the lowest price promise?
If you find that the price offered on southwestvacations.com is lower than the price you paid for an identical qualifying package, contact our customer care center at 800-243-8372 to claim the lowest price promise.
Our customer care specialist will issue a travel credit code to your travel party for the difference in price that s/he is able to verify at the time that you call.
When will I get my travel credit code?
The travel credit code will be issued to your travel party within seven to ten business days of original request and will be e-mailed to the primary passenger listed on the reservation at the e-mail address provided at time of booking. The travel credit code will be issued as a single-use code, valid for the same travel party when traveling together on a future vacation package.
- Travel credits may only be redeemed by the same travel party when traveling together on a future vacation package. Information for requesting individual travel credit codes will be provided within the notification e-mail. If individual codes are requested, the total travel credit value will be equally divided amongst all adult passengers listed on the record.
- Travel credits are nonrefundable, non-exchangeable and non-transferable.
- If the original vacation package is cancelled, any travel credit code that was issued on that package will be cancelled and void.
- When using travel credits as payment towards a vacation package, all travel must be completed by the expiration date indicated on the travel credit code.
- If a reservation is booked using a travel credit and is later modified and/or cancelled, the value of the travel credit will be lost.
Lowest price promise terms and conditions:
- Lowest price promise. In the unlikely event that you find a lower price on southwestvacations.com after booking your package, we will issue a travel credit code to your travel party for the difference. The travel credit code will be issued within seven to ten business days of original request and will be good toward a future Southwest Vacations package. The lowest price promise is subject to the terms and conditions listed below.
- Restrictions and exclusions. Promotional codes cannot be added to a reservation after initial booking and are excluded from consideration when claiming the lowest price promise, unless one of the following applies: (1) a promotional code was used on the original reservation and/or (2) current pricing includes an auto-populated promotional code. Special pricing agreements or offers that require certain memberships cannot be used for claiming the lowest price promise. Included values offered by hotels (examples: resort credit, free breakfast, free or discounted shows or tours, etc.) are free of charge and cannot be added to a reservation after initial booking or used for claiming the lowest price promise. Reservations that are cancelled and/or modified prior to departure will void the lowest price promise and any travel credit codes that have been issued will be cancelled and void. A lowest price promise travel credit cannot be added to an existing reservation.
- Notifying Southwest Vacations of a claim. You must contact us at 800-243-8372 no later than one day prior to your departure date to make a claim under the lowest price promise. The qualifying price must be available for booking at the time you contact us, as determined by our customer care specialists.
- Package must be an identical qualifying package. The lowest price promise is available only for exact itinerary matches, including, same flight fare type, same flight numbers, same hotel (including room category, name and special room requirements), same rental car company and vehicle class, and the exact same dates and times of travel as booked on your original vacation package. The Vacation Exclusive fare type and the Wanna Get Away fare type can be matched against one another. The lowest price promise applies only to the complete package price and individual component prices cannot be claimed in conjunction with the lowest price promise.
- Comparison prices must be available to the general public. The lowest price promise applies only to prices both advertised and available to the general public on southwestvacations.com. Qualifying comparison prices shall not include corporate discounts or rates, rewards program rates, incentives, hotel included values, prices or discounts generated by using a promotional code, or any other prices or promotions not offered to the general public. A qualifying lowest price may not come from a travel agent quote or from an e-mail that you received. The qualifying comparison price must be available for booking at the time you contact Southwest Vacations, as determined by our customer care specialists.
- Verification of claims. All requests are subject to verification by a Southwest Vacations customer care specialist. Southwest Vacations will not accept screenshots or other presumed evidence of a lower price that cannot be independently confirmed by Southwest Vacations' staff. Southwest Vacations will verify any request that it believes, in its sole discretion, is the result of a printing or other error or is made fraudulently or in bad faith. Verified requests will be issued a travel credit code within seven to ten business days from original request.
- Liability. Southwest Vacations will not be liable for honoring the lowest price promise with respect to rates loaded in error by Southwest Vacations or its suppliers, or any printing, typographical, administrative or technological errors in any materials relating to prices backed by the lowest price promise. These lowest price promise terms and conditions include and incorporate by reference the standard Southwest Vacations terms and conditions and constitute the entire understanding between you and Southwest Vacations relating to your vacation package.
- Validity of lowest price promise. Void where prohibited by law. Southwest Vacations reserves the right in its sole discretion to modify or discontinue the lowest price promise or to restrict its availability to any person, at any time, for any or no reason, and without prior notice or liability to you. The terms that are in effect at the time of your booking will determine your eligibility under the lowest price promise. No change in the lowest price promise will affect any travel credit or travel credit code that has already be en issued to you. The failure by Southwest Vacations to enforce any provision of these terms & conditions shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. Any modification will be effective upon posting of modified Southwest Vacations terms and conditions on southwestvacations.com. Any cancellation will be effective upon removal of references to the lowest price promise and the lowest price promise terms and conditions from southwestvacations.com.